Alpari International is a global trading giant that offers a high-quality STP/ECN trading experience on accounts to suit traders of every experience level. Its more than 2 million clients can choose from over 60 instruments, including forex pairs, metals, and CFDs to trade on modern and dynamic platforms.
The broker was founded in Mauritius in 1998 and is owned by Mauritius-based Exinity Group, which also owns FXTM.
Is Alpari Regulated?
Yes, Alpari Limited is regulated by The Financial Services Commission (FSC) of The Republic of Mauritius, via its parent company Exinity Limited. The broker is also registered by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and authorized by the International Financial Services Commission (IFSC) of Belize.
Alpari was one of the companies involved in the formation of the Centre for Regulating OTC Financial Instruments and Technologies (CRFIN) and upholds high standards of safety for clients’ funds.
Is Alpari Regulated in the United States?
No, Alpari is not regulated in any part of the United States.
Is Alpari Regulated in Europe?
Yes. Alpari is regulated in Europe, primarily by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), and a member of the Financial Commission.
Is Alpari regulated in a Tier-1 Jurisdiction?
According to the Alpari website, Alpari is not regulated under any Tier-1 jurisdiction.
Tier-1 jurisdiction gives brokers a license to operate in specific countries, which consist of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Is Alpari regulated in Tier-2 Jurisdiction?
According to the official Alpari sources, Alpari is regulated under Tier-2 jurisdictions with a license to operate in the following countries: British V.I., Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Spain, and Taiwan.
Alpari is regulated in Tier-3 Jurisdictions Mauritius, Belize, and St Vincent, and the Grenadines.
What are the Platforms and Tools for Forex Trading in Alpari?
Alpari offers traders two of the most widely-used platforms in the industry: MetaTrader 4 and 5.
- Alpari makes all of its trading instruments accessible for both of these platforms.
- The MT4 trading platform can be used with all commission-free accounts, while traders can choose between MT4 and MT5 in the commission-based ECN account.
- Unfortunately Alpari International provides only the basic versions of these platforms, without any of the essential third-party upgrades to transform the very standard trading platforms into cutting-edge trading terminals.
- Both trading platforms exist as a desktop, WebTrader, or mobile application.
- Trading robots are available for both MT4 and MT5
Does Alpari Have a News Blog for Forex News?
No, unfortunately, Alpari lacks when it comes to research and analysis. The broker doesn’t offer any proprietary tools like a news blog, but fortunately, both MT4 and MT5 come complete with technical indicators, and MT5 has an inbuilt economic calendar too.
Does Alpari Have a Traders Dashboard?
No, Alpari does not have a Traders Dashboard that can give traders updates on the latest news from the currency markets or an overview of current market events.
Does Alpari Have an Educational Section?
Yes, Alpari has an educational section called “Learn to Trade” that comprises Forex Trading Webinars, a Beginners Guide to Trading, Forex Trading Strategies, Commodity Trading Guide, and Precious Metals Trading Guide for Forex Traders.
To access the education system, users do not need to have an account with Alpari, as its educational content is offered free on the Alpari website.
What is the content of Alpari Forex Education?
Alpari’s Forex Educational section contains eBooks and guides on several topics to assist new traders.
Forex trading webinars, the Beginners Guide to Trading, articles on Forex trading strategies, a Commodity Trading Guide, and a Precious Metals Trading Guide will help Forex traders to hone their skills for successful trading.
The company webinars cover a vast range of topics and are designed for traders and investors of all experience levels and backgrounds. Topics include the following and more:
- Discover the foundations of financial trading
- Learn risk management techniques
- Receive insights into trading psychology
- Interactive Q&A sessions
The Beginners Guide to Trading breaks down the terminology and answers the most frequently asked questions by traders, and covers the following and more topics:
- What is forex?
- What are currency pairs? “.
- What are pips?
- How does forex trading work?
- Is forex trading risky?
- What is a position?
Articles on Forex trading strategies cover issues like the following:
- What is a trading strategy?
- How to use trading strategies?
- Popular forex trading styles, with information on Day trading, Scalping trading, Position trading, and Swing trading
- Popular forex trading strategies, discussing The Bladerunner Trade, Daily Fibonacci Pivot Trade, Bolly Band Bounce Trade, Forex Overlapping Fibonacci Trade, and more.
The Commodity Trading Guide brings together all the basics in one easy-to-read article and discusses the following:
- What is Commodity Trading?
- Meaning of Commodities
- Commodities Prices
- Commodity Trading Online
- Spot Commodities
- Supply and Demand
- Commodity Trading Skills
The Precious Metals Training Guide – Many financial experts recommend portfolio diversification that includes tangible assets such as Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium bullion and bullion coins. This guide teaches a trader everything he should know about trading with it.
- Metal Trading
- Spot Gold Price
- Spot Metals
- Spot Metals Prices
Is Alpari Legit?
Yes, Alpari is a legit Forex Broker and Trade Platform. Alpari has legal certificates from the FSC, FSA, IFSC, and CRFIN to perform Forex broker and trading services in several countries.
Is Alpari Safe?
Alpari is a reliable and safe Forex Trade platform in terms of its regulation and safety protocols. The broker is regulated in several global jurisdictions, as described below:
- Mauritius Financial Services Commission (FSC) provides regulatory oversight of Exinity Group LTD, the owner of Alpari International.
- FT Global Services LTD, a Cypriot international business company (IBC), processes the broker’s credit card transactions.
- Client funds remain segregated from corporate funds.
- Alpari International has a membership of the Hong Kong-based Financial Commission, an independent, international body that provides dispute resolution for Forex brokers.
- Regulation by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) provides brokers and traders with even more security.
- Alpari cannot use client funds for its own business purposes but keeps it in segregated accounts with top-tier banks.
Is Alpari a Good Broker?
Yes, according to this Forex Suggest review, Alpari is a good broker for security, reliability, trading speed, online support, and offering of cryptocurrencies. Overall, Alpari International strives for transparency and honesty and provides clients with a trustworthy and competitive trading environment.
Customer security is a priority at Alpari with its membership of The Financial Commission facilitating clients’ fund protection and dispute resolutions.
With Alpari Standard and Micro accounts, instant execution is offered, whereas with Forex ECN and Forex Pro accounts market execution, which is faster and more reliable, is available, but with these accounts, you do pay commission fees.
Online support is provided through live chat, email, and phone channels.
Four cryptocurrency CFDs are offered to customers to trade.
What is the Offering of Investment in Alpari?
Offerings of Alpari can be found below.
Does Alpari have Nasdaq?
Yes, Alpari offers traders the option of trading CFDs on the Nasdaq 100 Stock Index. The Nasdaq exchange is the global electronic marketplace for buying and selling securities and Nasdaq100 consists of the traded shares of the largest 100 companies according to market capitalization on the exchange.
What are the Awards of Alpari?
Alpari’s awards are listed below.
- 2011 – Best Latin American Forex Broker – IBTimes Trading Awards
- 2012 – Recognised for Excellence at the 2012 Forex Expo Awards
- 2015 – Best Binary Options Broker at the Finance Magnates Awards in London
- 2017 – Most Innovative Broker and Most Reliable Broker at the FX Empire Awards
- 2020 – Most Transparent Broker at the Global Forex Awards
How to Use Alpari for Forex trading?
To use Alpari, a forex trader must open an account with the broker.
You will need the following personal details and documents to create an account:
- Personal information –full name, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, and postal address
- Regulatory information –tax residency details, including tax identification number and source of funds
- Documentation –scanned copies of both front and back sides of your credit/debit card (if you’re using this method for depositing and withdrawing)
- Proof of address. This process allows Alpari to meet KYC (Know Your Customer) guidelines.
How to open a Forex trader account with Alpari?
Creating a Forex Trading account with Alpari is easy and the whole process should not take more than five minutes. The trader should follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Register” page from the homepage on the website.
- Fill in your full name, country of residence, email address, telephone number, and create a password and ask for a PIN.
- Once received via telephone or email, enter the PIN into the corresponding box, accept the terms and conditions, and click ‘ Register Now ‘.
- Provide further personal details, such as gender, date of birth, and full address.
- Confirm your tax residence status, tax identification number, and source of funds.
- Select your account type, base currency, leverage, and trading account password
- Fund the account and start trading.
What are the Forex Trader Account Types with Alpari?
Forex trading platform and financial asset management institution Alpari has a demo account and 4 different live account types, with also an option to open an Islamic Account.
Alpari Account Types and their features are described below.
The account types are:
Forex Standard Account (MT4)
- Minimum deposit: 100 USD/EUR/GBP
- Leverage allowed: 1:1000
- Average spreads: 1.2 Pips
- Commissions: 0%
- Available instruments: Forex, Metals, CFDs
- Instant execution
Forex Micro Account (MT4)
- Minimum deposit: 5 USD/EUR/GBP
- Leverage allowed: 1:400
- Average spread: 1.7 Pips
- Commissions: 0%
- Instruments available: Forex, Metals
- Instant execution.
Forex ECN Account (MT4/MT5)
- Minimum deposit: 500 USD/EUR/GBP
- Leverage allowed: 1:1000
- Average spread: 0.4 Pips
- Commissions: 1.5 USD per side
- Instruments available: MT4 – Forex, Metals, CFDs, Cryptocurrencies; MT5: Forex, Metals, CFDs, Stocks
- Market execution
Forex PRO Account (MT4)
- Minimum deposit: 25 000 USD/EUR/GBP
- Leverage allowed: 1:300
- Average spread: 0.4 Pips
- Instruments available: Forex, Metals
- Market execution
Swap-free versions are available on all account types, except the ECN and Pro accounts that are using MT5. The swap-free status is however only available for 2-7 days, depending on which instrument is traded. If a trader keeps positions open for more than the swap-free days allowed, a swap fee will be charged. The account is still Sharia-compliant, as long as a trader remembers to close his positions on time.
One can create a demo account with no restrictions on the Alpari platform, so a trader can trade as much as he wants with virtual money which is automatically refilled. All the account types support demo trading, so a trader can try out both STP and ECN options.
How to Withdraw Money from Alpari?
To withdraw money from Alpari, the following applies:
- Traders can withdraw funds via Bank Wire Transfer, Skrill, Neteller, OKPAY, WebMoney, FasaPay, and Account-to-account Transfers.
- Some withdrawals incur internal costs, while third-party processing charges may also apply.
- Processing times can be up to 24 hours, but usually, traders receive their funds swiftly.
How many days do deposits take with Alpari?
Deposits with Alpari take from instantly to two business days depending on the deposit method. Some eWallet methods (like FasaPay) are processed instantly, TCPay deposits are processed within one hour, but bank transfers may take up to two business days.
What are the costs and fees with Alpari?
Trading fees are charged every time you place a trade and include spreads, commissions, overnight and rollover fees, perhaps also currency conversion fees. Non-trading fees make up the cost of using some brokers and include payment fees and inactivity fees.
When trading forex with Alpari, you can enjoy floating spreads that start from 0.2 pips. The average spreads for major currency pairs are 0.3 pips, 2.8 pips for minor currency pairs, and 14.7 pips for exotic currency pairs.
Alpari only charges commissions for the Forex ECN MT4/MT 5 account. These are fixed and vary depending on the base currency of an account, for example:
Forex/Metals – 3 USD/lot, 2.6 EUR/lot, 2.35 GBP/lot per round trade.
Indices – 7 USD/lot, 6 EUR/lot, 5.5 GBP/lot per round trade
Commodities –4 USD/lot, 3.5 EUR/lot, 3.15 GBP/lot per round trade
What are the Trading Fees with Alpari?
Alpari charges overnight swap fees for trades kept open for a longer time than a single day. These rates vary depending on the position type, as well as the actual interest rate differentials between the currencies in the specific pair but fees are displayed clearly on the broker’s site.
Alpari accepts deposits fee-free but does charge small commissions for withdrawals by card (2 EUR/3 USD/2 GBP per transaction) as well as inactivity fees if you don’t log in to your account for longer than six months (5 USD/EUR/GBP per month).
Traders of the Muslim faith can apply for a swap-free account which will allow them to avoid these fees, as interest is strictly prohibited by Sharia law.
What is the minimum deposit in Alpari?
The minimum deposit to open a live trading account with Alpari ranges from just 5 USD (for the Forex Micro Account) to 25 000 USD (for the Forex Pro Account).
What are the contract specifications in Alpari?
Does Alpari have promotional offers?
Yes, Alpari provides several promotional offers or bonuses to new or existing clients to give their trading an extra kick. Traders are rewarded for loyalty in a way that has real value and gives them more reasons to trade. This comprises a refer-a-friend promotion as well as a Cashback Program from which traders can receive the pay-outs (no points, vouchers, or discounts) weekly, which lowers the overall trading costs.
Does Alpari have a welcome bonus?
No, Alpari does not have a specific welcome bonus but offers several other promotions and bonuses on top of the very favorable trading conditions a new trader will get access to. The broker also has a refer-a-friend promotion, which also extends to family and by which both the referrer and the referral can earn $50.
Does Alpari have a deposit bonus?
Yes, Alpari does offer a deposit bonus from time to time. This may be in the form of an extra 50% bonus on a deposit.
Is there a commission-free trade bonus in Alpari?
Yes, Alpari is offering full commission compensation for deposits made via China UnionPay.
The broker also offers a unique service where a trader can earn points that can be exchanged for cash or used to improve his trading conditions. Traders can join Alpari’s lucrative cashback program to get up to $5 back on every trade they make.
Is there a VIP bonus in Alpari?
No, Alpari does not offer a VIP bonus but VIP clients can benefit from any of the other promotions or Cashback program as well as an enhanced and feature-rich trading environment.
Can you start trading with no money at Alpari?
No, a trader cannot start trading without money at Alpari because Alpari does not offer any deposit bonus. Traders need to deposit their own funds when opening an account. Fortunately, the Micro Account can be opened with as little as $5.
How does leverage work with Alpari?
The maximum leverage amounts offered by Alpari depend on the type of account, for example, the MT4 Micro Account offers maximum leverage of 1:400 while the ECN account and the standard MT4 account allow maximum leverage of 1:1000. The latter will reduce as the notional trade size of open positions increase, so if the total notional value reaches $8 million, the leverage will fall to a minimum of 1:25.
Maximum leverage on cryptocurrencies and individual stock trading is also less, due to regulatory rules. Leverage can be seen as funds borrowed from the broker to allow a trader to increase his trading position. While leverage can amplify potential profits, it can also increase losses.
Where are the headquarters of Alpari?
Alpari is headquartered on the 5th Floor, 355 NEX Tower, Rue du Savoir, Cybercity, Ebene 72201, Mauritius.
Who is Alpari’s CEO?
Vladimir Verbitskiy is the CEO of Alpari since 2018. He holds a master’s degree from the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA).
What are the social media accounts of Alpari?
Traders can follow Alpari on the following social media accounts:
How many employees do work for Alpari?
There is no official information available on Alpari’s number of employees, but the company seems to employ more than 200 people.
What are the opinions about Alpari?
Alpari has an excellent reputation in the industry and trader reviews mainly give positive feedback. According to the broker’s own research, 93.7% of its clients are happy with them.
What are Alpari Contests?
Alpari does run several contests. Taking part in these contests gives experienced and novice traders alike the opportunity to earn some extra income on the Forex market. Contests comprise the Formula FX and Virtual Reality contests.
The Formula FX contest is designed for those who don't like standing still. Its round duration is only 1 week and the total prizes for each round are valued at 1,900 USD. There are 40 prizes available.
The Virtual Reality contest is risk-free, for it entails trading on “virtual” demo accounts for real-world cash prizes. The winners are determined according to a mix of profit, drawdown, and profit factors. The Round duration is 3 weeks and there are 12 rounds. Total prizes for each round are worth 1 090 USD and there are 30 prizes available.
Does Alpari have online support?
Yes, Alpari has good online support for Forex traders. The customer support team is based in Mauritius and is available 24 hours a day from Monday until Friday. Alpari has a great reputation for offering excellent services to satisfied customers and is particularly good at offering help and guidance through a live chat option, email, and phone service. It is further possible to view their website in 9 languages, including Chinese, Persian, and English.
Does Alpari offer demo accounts for Forex trading?
Yes, Alpari offers a free demo account with no restrictions for traders. One can create a demo account on the Alpari platform and trade as much as one wants with virtual money. This is automatically refilled. All the account types support demo trading, so a trader can practice on both STP and ECN accounts. The demo account can be opened with the following steps:
- Navigate to the demo account registration portal on the broker’s website by choosing the “Getting Started” tab.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the demo account
- Fill out the registration form with your full name, email address, and contact details
- A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox and confirming the link in the email will take you to your demo account.
Does Alpari have a mobile app for Forex trading?
Yes, Alpari offers a mobile app for both Android and iOS devices. This app features all the basic functionality of myAlpari and you can top up your account with just the tap of a button. Alpari Mobile also has all the tools a trader may need; from expert reviews to live exchange-rate and interest-rate quotes, an economic calendar, and much more.
Does Alpari publish an economic calendar?
Yes, Alpari publishes an economic calendar on its website. The economic calendar is useful as a resource for Forex traders to remain updated on relevant economic events or information that is scheduled to be released and may impact the currency markets.
Alpari’s economic calendar provides information on current and future events, consensus, and more.
What is the communication information of Alpari?
- Alpari can be reached via the following contact details:
- A “Contact-us” web form
- Client support +44 8449 869559,
- Technical support +44 8449 869559 (ext. 1),
- Payment Questions +44 8449 869559 (ext. 2)
- Live Chat from the website
- Skype (calls only)
Table of Contents